Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Greetings

Greetings

SMPN 2 TANGERANG
ENGLISH CLUB
GREETINGS

Learn and read aloud the following expressions:
Greetings (salam/ tegur sapa)
• Hello! • Hello!
• Hi! • Hi!
• Good morning! • Good morning!
• Good Afternoon! • Good Afternoon!
• Good day/ noon! • Good day/ noon!
• Good evening! • Good evening!
• How are you? • I’m fine, thank you. And you?
• How do you do? • How do you do?
• I’m happy/ glad/ pleased/ delighted to see/ meet you. • (same sentence) + too.
• It’s my/ a pleasure to see/ meet you. • (same sentence) + too.
• How is your father/ mother/ sister/ brother? • He’s fine, thank you.
• Is he/ she alright? • He’s alright, thanks.
• What’s wrong? • Nothing’s wrong.
• What’s up? • All great.
• What’s the matter? • It’s OK.
• Is anything alright? • Yes, everything’s alright.
• What happened? • Nothing’s happened.
• What brings you here? • I want to …
Parting (perpisahan)
• Good bye! • Bye!
• Bye-bye! • Bye!
• I hope I’ll see you again! • Sure!
• See you again! • See you too!
• See you later! • See you too!
• See you soon! • See you too!
• See you tonight! • See you too!
• See you tomorrow! • See you too!
• See you next week/ month/ year! • See you too!
• So long! • Bye!
• Good luck! • You too!
• Best of luck! • You too!
• May God bless you! • May God bless you.
• God bless you! • God bless you too!
• Good night! • Good night!
• Please give my best regards to your mother! • I will.
• I must say goodbye. • Ok, bye!

CONVERSATION I
Read the following conversation with your classmates:

Indra : Hello, Satrio.
Satrio : Hello, Indra, how are you?
Indra : I’m fine, thank you. How are you?
Satrio : I’m fine, thanks. I’m on my way to class.
Indra : What time is the class?
Satrio : The class begins at nine o’clock.
Indra : Is it an English speaking class?
Satrio : Yes.
Indra : Is Mrs. Suzie the teacher?
Satrio : No, Mrs. Suzie teaches Math. Mrs. Wati is the teacher.
Indra : Is that Mrs. Wati? I want to meet him.
Satrio : All right.
(Indra and Satrio walk towards Mrs. Wati and Mrs.Suzie)

Satrio : Mrs. Wati, Mrs. Suzie, I want to introduce Indra.
Mrs. Wati : How do you do, Indra.
Mrs. Suzie : How do you do, Indra.
Indra : How do you do, Mrs. Wati, Mrs. Suzie.
I’m glad to meet you.
Mrs. Wati : Are you a student, Indra?
Indra : Yes, I study Science.
Mrs. Suzie : Is Science a difficult subject?
Indra : Yes, I think so. I study hard. I have a class this morning.
Mrs. Wati : Well, the English class begins soon.
Mrs. Suzie : Yes, and my class too. I think I am already late.
Mrs. Wati : Please excuse us. I hope to see you again, Indra.
Indra : Thank you. Good bye, Mrs. Wati and Mrs. Suzie. So long, Satrio.
Satrio : Bye!

Answer the following questions about the conversation:

1. Who are the speakers?
2. Who is Mrs. Suzie?
3. Is Mrs. Wati a student?
4. Who is she?
5. What’s her subject?
6. Is it a difficult subject?
7. Where is Satrio going?
8. What time is his class?
9. What is Satrio’s subject?
10. Is it a difficult subject?

Conversation Exercise:

1. Are you a student?
2. What are you studying now?
3. Who is your teacher?
4. Is it a difficult subject?
5. Do you have to study hard?
6. What time is your English class?
7. What do you say to a person when you meet him for the first time?
8. What do you say to a friend when you meet him?
9. What do you say when you leave?
10. What do you say when you want to introduce a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment