Friday, October 7, 2011

GAINING

Gaining attention is a way or expression that is spoken so that other people will pay their attention to what we want.

Asking for attention (formal) :
  • Excuse me, I wonder if I could trouble you.
  • May I have your attention, please?
  • Excuse me....
  • Sorry to trouble you.
  • Sorry to bother you.



Asking for attention (informal) :
  • Look at me!!!!
  • Look what I’ve got here.
  • Look here.
  • Look!!!!
  • Hey!!!
  • Attention please......

Showing attention :
  • I see......
  • Tell me more about it.
  • Oh , yes...
  • Really?
  • Mmmmm....
  • Oh my god!!! What happens next?
  • Ahaaa...
  • And then what?
  • How interesting!!
  • What’s next?
  • I know what you mean...
  • Is that all?
  • Oh, oh.....
  • Indeed?
  • Well, well, well.....
  • Wow....


Example :
Indah Cullen : Attention please....
Edward Cullen : Oh yes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment