Friday, October 7, 2011

SYMPHATY EXPRESSION

Sympathy expression is an expression or feeling of pity and sorrow when we know and see someone or people are unlucky or have trouble and in bad condition. By expressing sympathy we want to show our concern or carefulness on other people’s condition.



How can we give sympathy expression to someone?

We express it directly to him/her orally or we can use a letter or card by post also by short message service (SMS), e-mail, television, radio, and newspaper if he/she who got the trouble is far from usexample picture :




Several expressions of sympathy :


* I’d like to express my deepest condolences
*I’m sorry to hear that

*I’m awfully sorry about…

*Oh, how awful!

*Oh, dear!

*You must be very upset

*Oh, what a shame

*How pity you are!

*How terrible / awful for you



Example of dialogue that expresses sympathy in a certain situation :


Indah : Hey ! What’s wrong with you ?

Lala : My handphone is lost. I forget to put in my bag.

Indah : I’m sorry to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment